Thunder Bay Cycling Club Membership - 2018
NOTE: Membership must be done on-line. No paper/manual registrations will be accepted.
TBCC offers a wide range of cycling activities including:
|*Group Rides||*Women-Only Rides||*Time Trials|
|*Road Racing||*Structured Rides||*Cyclocross|
|*Clinics: variety topics||*Fat Bike Rides|
Your Membership Fee allows you to participate in ALL TBCC activities!
TBCC is an affiliate member of the Ontario Cycling Association (OCA). Prior to participating in any Club event, TBCC members:
• must register online through the CCN site to meet OCA membership requirements
• must complete and sign/verify the approved OCA membership waiver in full
• agree to abide by TBCC rules and regulations. Refer to the Compendium of Rules at www.tbaycc.ca
• read the club’s Risk Management Plan found on our website under the TAB About TBCC and Safety?
Here's what you need to know to Register:
There are 2 steps to registering as an Adult Club member and 3 steps for Youth members:
STEP 1: TBCC membership – fee will automatically be billed when you select the category.
* $36 Adult
* $21 Additional adult member of family
* $11 Youth
STEP 2: OCA membership unless you already have an OCA membership as a licensed rider or a member of Black Sheep.
*Select the $42 Affiliate Club Membership
When you “checkout”, the billing should show a section for TBCC membership and a section for OCA membership.
STEP 3: Minors/Youth members (born 1999 or later), MUST have a parent/guardian complete their waiver with a physical signature indicating parental consent. Then the signed waiver must be printed and submitted to both OCA and TBCC prior to participating in TBCC events.
• Scan the signed PDF waiver and email to email@example.com OR fax to 1-855-488-0812. Also email the scanned form to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Youth Memberships are not valid until the waiver is received and the membership is processed.**
• Club members under the age of 18 when joining the club must have an adult (born 2000 or earlier) complete the waivers. If the person signing the form is not the parent/guardian they should be aware of the legal risks they are taking on. The waiver MUST be submitted directly to the OCA and TBCC.
All members are asked to carry a printout of your online registration receipt as proof of your membership when participating in TBCC events.
Membership Fee for 2018:
* Adult - individual or first member of family $78 (TBCC $36 plus $42 OCA membership)
* Additional Adult member of family $63 (TBCC $21 plus $42 OCA membership)
* Youth (under 19-born 1996 or later) $53 (TBCC $11 plus $42 OCA membership)*
**Black Sheep Youth Member $11 (TBCC $11 and OCA fee was paid when registered as Black Sheep member)*
**Black Sheep Adult Member $36 (TBCC $36 and OCA fee was paid when registered as Black Sheep member)
*You will be asked to download a waiver form to be signed by a parent or guardian and e-mailed to the OCA.
TBCC can allow OCA members who are not a member of our own club to participate in our activities, provided it is on an occasional basis and the rider agrees to participate under the our club rules.
I) A visiting OCA member from out of town may be permitted to participate in our club’s events at our discretion. They must show proof of their membership with the OCA by showing an Affiliate Club membership card, UCI Licence or Citizen Permit. Anyone not able to show this type of proof will not be able to participate until they can provide this proof.
II) A GUEST RIDER is someone who lives more that 100km outside of Thunder Bay and wishes to ride in a club event on an occasional basis. A guest rider must provide proof of OCA membership. If the guest does not have OCA membership he/she will be required to purchase the OCA membership ($42 fee) plus submit a waiver to OCA PRIOR to participating in any TBCC event. This must be done on-line through the OCA website, not the TBCC site. Anyone not able to show this type of proof will not be able to participate until they can provide this proof. More information on how to register with OCA is provided on our Home Page